The Hamilton Early Learning Centre provides a secure learning environment for toddlers and preschoolers in an atmosphere which enhances development through:
- The support of a non-sexist, non racist, non-homophobic, multicultural setting by promoting an appreciation of each child's culture and by demonstrating the same expectations for girls and for boys.
- The creation of a stimulating atmosphere to harvest communication skills.
- The support of creative development through encouragement of self-expression, curiosity, independence and initiative.
- Providing a program which meets the individual requirements of special needs children.
- The encouragement of physical activities to mature large and fine motor skills.
- The establishment of health and safety policies to encompass daily care and a healthy nutritious diet. The Hamilton Early Learning Centre provides a child care service which supports parents in their respective roles through:
- The creation of a mutual partnership with parents in responding to their child's developmental needs and their family's needs for child care.
- Maintaining open communication through posted bulletins, monthly newsletters, and daily information exchange.
- Accountability to the employees, the membership and the community at large through the Board of Directors of the corporation.
Ages & Adult/Child Ratios
The centre offers care to both Toddlers and Preschoolers: Toddlers: 18-31 months. The centre has approval for 20% mixed age group. This means that we can offer care to children as young as 12 months, with permission from the Ministry of Education. The adult/child ratio for this age group is 1 teacher for every 5 children. Preschoolers: 31 months – 5 years. The adult/ child ratio for this age group is 1 teacher for every 8 children.
The centre only employs highly skilled and qualified Early Childhood Educators in all teaching positions. This exceeds ministry regulations which require only one ECE and one assistant (non ECE) in each group. We require that all educators hold a current membership in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators. All staff are trained and hold a current certificate in Infant/Child CPR and Emergency First Aid. Staff are also required to attend on going professional development to keep current in the curriculum and in the profession.